Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy recipe that is easily made ahead.
- 150 g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 200 g penne or 200 g other similar pasta
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 2 pieces roast chicken or 2 pieces barbequed chicken
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- black olives (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Drop beans and a bit of salt into some boiling water.
- Boil for one minute before scooping out.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook according to packet instructions until just al dente.
- Drain, then return to the pan with olive oil and pesto.
- Stir thoroughly and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Tear the chicken into bite-sized chunks, discarding any fat, skin and bones.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir into the pasta together with beans and tomatoes.
- Slice and pit the olives (if desired) and sprinkle on top.
- Use as many as you like, although I think 1/4 cup sliced between two people is about right.
- Eat warm or cold.
I actually tripled the recipe and used grape tomatoes instead of cherry. It was easy, tasted wonderful and looked great as well!