Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is great for a quick dinner.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx.)
- 4 small hard rolls, split
- 12 fresh spinach leaves
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons spinach pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub garlic on all surfaces of chicken.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Chicken can also be grilled.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush 2 tablespoons pesto sauce on each roll.
- Place spinach, basil and tomato slices.
- Place chicken on rolls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake open-face in preheated oven until chicken is warm and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.