Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I created years ago. It is very elegant looking, yet so simple.
Make and share this Chicken and Peppers in Phyllo recipe from Food.com.
- Broil peppers on all sides until black and blistered. When they're cool enough to handle, peel, halve and seed, and drain on paper towels. (Or use bottled roasted red peppers.).
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put a sheet of phyllo on a work suface and brush with butter.
- Put a second sheet across the bottom of the first to form an upside-down T. Brush with butter.
- Put a third sheet on top of first, and brush with butter.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of bread crumbs centered near the bottom over an area the size of one chicken breast.
- Put a chicken breast on top, sprinkle with lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon tarragon and salt and pepper.
- Top with pepper half and crumbled cheese.
- Fold over the bottom of dough. Fold in sides and roll, brushing with butter.
- Place on cookie sheets.
- Repeat for a total of four phyllo packages.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until brown.