Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another that I copied and put in my "chicken recipes" box. Thought I'd post it in my effort to be paper free and reduce clutter!
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split, boned, skinned
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pound chicken to 1/2" thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Meanwhile cut up peppers lengthwise into thin strips and add to the pan drippings along with the minced garlic.
- Cook until peppers are tender, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spoon peppers over chicken.
- Add vinegar and honey to skillet and stir with a wooden spoon until reduced to a glaze, about 1 minute.
- Spoon glaze evenly over chicken and peppers.
This was good. I used spray butter to cook the chicken to cut down on calories. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. Next time, I will add onions to add flavor. Thanks for the recipe.
Quick and easy with fresh, uncomplicated flavors. Perfect for a busy night when you want something quick but not, "you want fries with that" quick. Served with a crusty baguette and a salad of mixed greens, olives, and feta cheese with a basil vinaigrette. Happy family food.