Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing, divided
- 6 medium bell peppers, cut into thin strips (2 red, 2 green, 2 yellow)
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- Place the chicken in an 8 inch square baking dish and add 1/2 C of the italian dressingg; mix well, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat a large grill pan over high heat until hot, place the chicken in the pan, discarding the marinade, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until no pink remains; remove the chicken from the pan, set aside; add the peppers to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occaisionally.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook until heated through, place the spinach in a large bowl and add the chicken mixture and the remaining 1/4 cup italian dressing; toss well, serve immediately.