My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g chicken thighs (into strips or slivers) or 453.59 g chicken breast, sliced (into strips or slivers)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 1-3 Thai red chili peppers or 1-3 jalapeno, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaves (sweet or Thai varieties are both okay)
- 14.79 ml high oleic safflower oil, for stir frying
- fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of high oleic safflower oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the shallots.
- 2Cook the shallots until they are translucent and soft, about 3 minutes.
- 3Turn the heat up to medium high and add the chicken, bell peppers, grated ginger, minced garlic, ground pepper, and sliced chilies.
- 4Continue to stir fry until the chicken is nearly cooked through, about 2 minutes, then add the sauce.
- 5Cook for another minute and the sauce will thicken. Add more soy sauce or salt if you need to.
- 6Stir in the fresh basil at the end.
- 7Squeeze a little lime juice on top if you have some limes on hand.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pepper Stir Fry With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1037.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g