Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chicken and Pepper Stir Fry With Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g chicken thighs (into strips or slivers) or 453.59 g chicken breast, sliced (into strips or slivers)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 1-3 Thai red chili peppers or 1-3 jalapeno, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaves (sweet or Thai varieties are both okay)
- 14.79 ml high oleic safflower oil, for stir frying
- fresh lime juice (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of high oleic safflower oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the shallots.
- Cook the shallots until they are translucent and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add the chicken, bell peppers, grated ginger, minced garlic, ground pepper, and sliced chilies.
- Continue to stir fry until the chicken is nearly cooked through, about 2 minutes, then add the sauce.
- Cook for another minute and the sauce will thicken. Add more soy sauce or salt if you need to.
- Stir in the fresh basil at the end.
- Squeeze a little lime juice on top if you have some limes on hand.
Even though I changed it, this is still a 5 star recipe. As my fish sauce was missing in action, I added about a teaspoon of five spice powder. Rather than using regular basil, I used cinnamon basil. This really turned out well. Thank you for posting!