My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken thighs (into strips or slivers) or 1 lb chicken breast, sliced (into strips or slivers)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 -3 Thai red chili peppers or 1 -3 jalapeno, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (sweet or Thai varieties are both okay)
- 1 tablespoon high oleic safflower oil, for stir frying
- fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of high oleic safflower oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the shallots.
- 2Cook the shallots until they are translucent and soft, about 3 minutes.
- 3Turn the heat up to medium high and add the chicken, bell peppers, grated ginger, minced garlic, ground pepper, and sliced chilies.
- 4Continue to stir fry until the chicken is nearly cooked through, about 2 minutes, then add the sauce.
- 5Cook for another minute and the sauce will thicken. Add more soy sauce or salt if you need to.
- 6Stir in the fresh basil at the end.
- 7Squeeze a little lime juice on top if you have some limes on hand.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pepper Stir Fry With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1037.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g