Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine known as 'Young Times'. It is suggested as a superb healthy recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, a very famous Indian chef.
- 200 g fettuccine pasta
- 200 g chicken
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 medium red capsicums
- 6 dried garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- Shred chicken and apply salt and pepper to it.
- Shred capsicum and carrot thinly.
- Peel and crush garlic to a paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute chicken till it browns.
- Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, saute capsicum and carrot on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add chicken and chicken stock and cook till chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain well and toss with chicken and pepper.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
This was scrumptious! I found this to be very easy to prepare and very quick - perfect for a last minute dinner. It looked lovely with the bright red pepper strips and the blend of flavors was just right. I chose to drizzle a little hot chili oil over my portion to give it some fire. I did decrease the amount of cooking oil in the recipe to just 1 Tbsp, which I thought was plenty. (Also, where the directions say to shred the pepper & chicken I thinly sliced them into strips.) This was delicious, thanks!
Delicious, light, and simple.
This was a simple, tasty pasta dish. You can really taste the garlic. Only reason I didnt give five stars is because I prefer other pasta recipes with a bit of spice.