- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken
- 28.34 g pearl barley, cooked to packet instructions
- 709.78 ml chicken broth
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and saute the leeks, carrot, garlic and celery until starting to soften.
- Dice up the chicken and add to the vegetables, fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add the cooked barley and broth and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour half the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth, then return to the pot and add the chopped parsley.
- Season to taste and serve.