1/1 Photo of Chicken and Pearl Barley Soup
This one's a real winter-warmer and the grains give slow-release energy. The wonder of this soup is the fact that half of it is blended, so it's a lot creamer than most barley soups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and saute the leeks, carrot, garlic and celery until starting to soften.
- 2Dice up the chicken and add to the vegetables, fry for another couple of minutes.
- 3Add the cooked barley and broth and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Pour half the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth, then return to the pot and add the chopped parsley.
- 5Season to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pearl Barley Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 640.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 17.1 g