Krsi Sue's Note:
Fall time is pear time. Such a nice blend of flavors to warm your tummy. You may top this off with crumbled feta cheese, or blue cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Mix shredded chicken, pear, shallot, broth, tarragon, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, beat the egg with water.
- 4Unfold and flatten puff pastry sheet and cut into 4 squares.
- 5Refrigerate the remaining squares while working with each one.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 square into a 9" square.
- 7Pile 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the center.
- 8Lightly brush the 4 corners of the square with the egg wash and fold towards the center, pinching the top and leaving the sides open.
- 9Place the turnover on a baking sheet and refrigerate while completing the remaining squares.
- 10Repeat with the remaining squares, filling and egg washing.
- 11Bake the turnovers until crisp and golden, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pear Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.9
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 850.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g