Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fall time is pear time. Such a nice blend of flavors to warm your tummy. You may top this off with crumbled feta cheese, or blue cheese.
- 2 lbs rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 large pears, Anjou or 1 large bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 large egg
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix shredded chicken, pear, shallot, broth, tarragon, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with water.
- Unfold and flatten puff pastry sheet and cut into 4 squares.
- Refrigerate the remaining squares while working with each one.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 square into a 9" square.
- Pile 1/4 of the chicken mixture in the center.
- Lightly brush the 4 corners of the square with the egg wash and fold towards the center, pinching the top and leaving the sides open.
- Place the turnover on a baking sheet and refrigerate while completing the remaining squares.
- Repeat with the remaining squares, filling and egg washing.
- Bake the turnovers until crisp and golden, about 25 minutes.
This is delicious! I did not have blue cheese, so I used a very light tasting white cheese. I love the simple prep of this dish.
I had some wondterful pears and I had cooked chicken in the freezer.
I wish I had remembered to try a little Kraft Poppy Seed dressing
with the turnovers.But I will the next time I prepare this recipe.
Thanks for posting Krsi!