1/4 Photos of Chicken and Pear Skillet Supper (Diabetic)
I have to say that I tried this with a bit of trepidation and was most pleasantly surprised! This is really excellent. I served it with unadorned brown rice and a simple green salad. Be sure to give it the full cooking to to allow the flavors to come together. I have company coming in a couple of weeks and this is going to be on the table fro them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced pears with juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 4 cups packed spinach leaves, torn (about 5-oz.)
- 1Drain pears, reserving ¾ cup liquid; set aside. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot; cook chicken breasts until brown on both sides.
- 2Remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- 3In small bowl, combine reserved pear liquid, wine, soy sauce, cornstarch and thyme; mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 4Gradually add to vegetables in skillet; cook and stir until mixture thickens. Return chicken to pan; cover and cook 10 minutes. Add pear slices to skillet.
- 5Place spinach on top of pears and chicken in skillet; cover and cook 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted and chicken is cooked through.
- 6Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pear Skillet Supper (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 961.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 27.8 g