Recipe by Rhonda Scheurer
Medium hot Thai dish - spicy and sweet. For a less sweet variation, leave out the pineapple.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can satay garee yellow curry
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in large frying pan.
- Add the onion and stir fry for approx 2 minutes.
- Add the yellow curry and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Simmer sauce until reduced and quite thick- about five minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the peanuts, basil and pineapple.