Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, easy and very tasty. A chicken and noodle dish, for all peanut butter lovers. Child friendly as well. Adapted from a Family Circle recipe.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, using only 1 packet of the seasonings
- 1 cup vegetables, of choice (I use frozen peas)
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- In skillet, heat oil on med high. Stir-fry chicken and garlic 3 or so minutes. Remove the chicken. Spoon peanut butter into skillet. Whisk in water, vinegar, soy sauce, pepper flakes and 1 seasoning packet from noodles. Do not use both packets (strong flavor).
- Bring to a boil: add noodles breaking them up slightly. Add cooked chicken and cover. Simmer 4 minute to separate noodles. sprinkle with veggies cover and simmer 3 more minute Stir. Add green onions on top. I also added some chopped peanuts on top. Serve and enjoy! Just as good the next day.
O.K., you know the peanut chicken you get in Chinese restaurants that is soooo delicious. This tastes almost exactly like it!! It is wonderful. I made peas, but didn't add them, because my kids don't like them. However, my husband and I did add the peas and we loved it! Thanks for posting.
Quick, tasty, and very flexible. I have now tried this as written as well as with leftover chicken, and with different veggies (whatever was on hand). It has always been good. Reheats fairly well, too, for my office lunch the next day.
I wasn't sure about this one, but when I cooked it I thought it was very good. Very simple to make with a wonderful flavor.