Recipe by Chef PotPie
My family loves this, with the exception of our son, who thinks we are weird to pair meat with fruit. Pay no attention to that kid, sweet and savory is great! I serve this over rice.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to an even thickness
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices, liquid saved
- 1 cup hot salsa, your choice of brand and style
- 4 tablespoons undiluted frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken and cook for 9-10 minutes, turning once, till no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- Clean excess oil from skillet, add bell pepper and cook 2 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Add the reserved peach liquid, orange juice concentrate and salsa, bring to boil.
- Add peaches, parsley, chicken and any juices that have accumulated on the platter, simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is glazed and reheated through.