Chef PotPie's Note:
My family loves this, with the exception of our son, who thinks we are weird to pair meat with fruit. Pay no attention to that kid, sweet and savory is great! I serve this over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to an even thickness
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices, liquid saved
- 1 cup hot salsa, your choice of brand and style
- 4 tablespoons undiluted frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1In large non-stick skillet, heat oil.
- 2Add chicken and cook for 9-10 minutes, turning once, till no longer pink in center.
- 3Remove chicken to platter.
- 4Clean excess oil from skillet, add bell pepper and cook 2 minutes until crisp-tender.
- 5Add the reserved peach liquid, orange juice concentrate and salsa, bring to boil.
- 6Add peaches, parsley, chicken and any juices that have accumulated on the platter, simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is glazed and reheated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Peaches Piquant
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g