Chef PotPie's Note:
My family loves this, with the exception of our son, who thinks we are weird to pair meat with fruit. Pay no attention to that kid, sweet and savory is great! I serve this over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded to an even thickness
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices, liquid saved
- 1 cup hot salsa, your choice of brand and style
- 4 tablespoons undiluted frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1In large non-stick skillet, heat oil.
- 2Add chicken and cook for 9-10 minutes, turning once, till no longer pink in center.
- 3Remove chicken to platter.
- 4Clean excess oil from skillet, add bell pepper and cook 2 minutes until crisp-tender.
- 5Add the reserved peach liquid, orange juice concentrate and salsa, bring to boil.
- 6Add peaches, parsley, chicken and any juices that have accumulated on the platter, simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is glazed and reheated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Peaches Piquant
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g