Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love wontons!! Received this in an email...
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces ground chicken or 8 ounces turkey
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup peaches, peeled, finely chopped or 1⁄2 cup frozen peaches
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 36 wonton wrappers
- cooking oil, for deep-fat frying
- For filling, coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken or turkey until no longer pink; drain.
- Add pineapple juice, green onion, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Bring just to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in peaches and pepper.
- Cool mixture slightly.
- To fill, spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of the chicken mixture into center of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush edges lightly with water. Fold the four sides together toward center; pinch corners and seams closed.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy saucepan or deep fryer to 365F Fry wontons, 4 at a time, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Remove wontons from oil; drain on paper towels.
- Place fried wontons in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Keep warm in a 300F oven while frying remaining wontons. Serve warm
- Make Ahead: Fry wontons, drain, and cool. Wrap gently in foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, place unwrapped frozen wontons on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a 400F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through.
These were very good. They have a nice, delicate flavor. Use any dipping sauce sparingly because it will overpower the flavor of the wontons. Made for Newest Zaar tag.