Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker.
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add in asparagus, onion, and 1 cup of chicken broth; cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray; heat over med-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry about 5 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Return asparagus mixture to skillet; stir in remaining 1/2 cup broth, basil, tomatoes, pepper, and pasta.
- Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt/pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This was a "hit" in our house (both TEENS enjoyed)! I used some freshly ground Italian seasoning (McCormick's). I will be making this one, again. Thanks! Roxygirl
3/4 of our family loved this! I loved how flavorful it was for such a low fat dish! I substitued julianned carrots for the asparagus, and used dried basil (about a 1/2 TBSP) and a pinch of thyme. I think I'd use oregano next time I make it, as that is our family's preferred spice. It looks as if it will reheat well for lunch tomorrow as well!