Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is an outstanding dish. It looks so appetizing on a platter. It is so colorful with the red tomatoes, green pepper and the cheese colored croutons. It's a great dish to take to a potluck or serve on a hot summer day. I got this recipe about 10 years ago from Doddi at work. There is a 12 chilling I included as cooking time.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, I use Rotini Pasta
- 8 ounces garlic & herb salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, I use Hellman's
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese and garlic-flavored croutons
- Toss hot pasta with 3/4 cup of salad dressing, reserve remainder to serve on side with completed salad.
- Cover and chill 12 hours.
- Just before serving toss chicken with mayonnaise and pasta and place on a platter. Sprinkle tomatoes, scallions, mushrooms, green pepper and croutons on top of chicken and pasta.
- Serve with reserved dressing.
Great combination of flavors and textures in this salad. I made this recipe as listed, but used Lawry's Herb & Garlic with lemon juice Marinade - our small town grocery did not have a herb & garlic dressing. Worked just fine. I poached my chicken breasts in broth to cook them for this salad. I would agree with Bobtail - this is also a very attractive salad.
This is a wonderful pasta salad! I used canned chicken which made it extra quick and easy since I did not have leftover chicken! Due to limited selection of good green peppers, I used an orange pepper. Other than this, I prepared exactly as instructed and it is delicious! I can recommend it before being chilled and after it has been chilled! DH and I really enjoyed this! It is a great choice to serve family and friends during summer or really any season! In addition to being tasty, it is a very pretty dish! Thanks Jane!