Recipe by Jane from Ohio
This is an outstanding dish. It looks so appetizing on a platter. It is so colorful with the red tomatoes, green pepper and the cheese colored croutons. It's a great dish to take to a potluck or serve on a hot summer day. I got this recipe about 10 years ago from Doddi at work. There is a 12 chilling I included as cooking time.
Top Review by Kate57
Great combination of flavors and textures in this salad. I made this recipe as listed, but used Lawry's Herb & Garlic with lemon juice Marinade - our small town grocery did not have a herb & garlic dressing. Worked just fine. I poached my chicken breasts in broth to cook them for this salad. I would agree with Bobtail - this is also a very attractive salad.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, I use Rotini Pasta
- 8 ounces garlic & herb salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, I use Hellman's
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese and garlic-flavored croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss hot pasta with 3/4 cup of salad dressing, reserve remainder to serve on side with completed salad.
- Cover and chill 12 hours.
- Just before serving toss chicken with mayonnaise and pasta and place on a platter. Sprinkle tomatoes, scallions, mushrooms, green pepper and croutons on top of chicken and pasta.
- Serve with reserved dressing.