Recipe by Mini Ravindran
This full flavored salad makes a great summer entree. Cooking time inclued one hour/60 minutes of chilling.
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted
- 8 cups spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, grilled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain the pasta, Set aside.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic and basil.
- Toss with the pasta.
- Add the tomatoes, feta and olives.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Arrange the spinach on 4 plates.
- Top with the pasta salad.
- Add the chicken.
- Garnish with more feta and sliced red onions (optional).