Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Delicious Ways to Lower Cholesterol, this is a nice entree salad. Plan ahead as it needs to marinate for a couple of hours for the best flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup Italian dressing, oil free
- 4 ounces corkscrew macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup broccoli floret, small
- 1 cup red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine chicken and dressing in a large bowl.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain well.
- Add pasta and remaining ingredients to chicken mixture in bowl.
- Toss gently to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
I made this with broiled chicken breast for my elderly aunt and some of her friends yesterday. Everyone enjoyed the salad and wanted the recipe. One change I made was to pour the dressing on everything while the chicken and pasta were still warm. I always do that because I think that helps the ingredients soak up some of the great flavors from the dressing. I served it with french onion soup as a starter and warm french bread with herb butter. I'm planning to make this often as the weather gets warmer.