Recipe by aneunayme
This is simple and a crowd pleaser! Intense combination of flavors that will have them back for seconds!
Top Review by Mardimus
Loved the sauce and i also added in shrimp. Turned out wonderful but only personal alteration i would make next time would be to thicken the sauce by using less water and cook for a bit uncovered in the end. Thanks.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves crushed garlic or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb other pastas
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken in large skillet with water, olive oil, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and spices.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes while preparing pasta, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta al dente,place into serving dish and toss with olive oil.
- Pour chicken mixture over pasta.
- Serve with fresh salad and garlic toast.
- I am very generous with my spices when i make this dish and usually add more than the recipe calls for, but it is quite delicious as written.