Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is simple and a crowd pleaser! Intense combination of flavors that will have them back for seconds!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves crushed garlic or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb other pastas
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken in large skillet with water, olive oil, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and spices.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes while preparing pasta, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta al dente,place into serving dish and toss with olive oil.
- Pour chicken mixture over pasta.
- Serve with fresh salad and garlic toast.
- I am very generous with my spices when i make this dish and usually add more than the recipe calls for, but it is quite delicious as written.
Loved the sauce and i also added in shrimp. Turned out wonderful but only personal alteration i would make next time would be to thicken the sauce by using less water and cook for a bit uncovered in the end. Thanks.
Good flavor, but I definitely agree with the other reviews to omit the water. In addition, I would use less wine, less onion (maybe 3/4 cup), and more garlic. Also, I would use fresh tomatoes and add them to the sauce later on. Oh, and don't be afraid to be generous with the spices!!!
The combination of herbs, wine, olive oil, mushrooms and tomatoes make a very nice sauce. I took others advice and made some changes, though. Omitted the water. Added fresh, seeded, diced tomatoes and fresh sliced mushrooms instead of canned. Half sliced green onions and diced white onions. Used chicken tenderloins because that is what I had. Same amount of other ingredients. Followed the directions otherwise. My husband and I really enjoyed this! Will make again. Oh...also threw in some frozen shrimp at the end that needed using up.