Recipe by dusty AE
Have at last made this recipe. I used 1 cup of dried macaroni and not quite the full amount of chicken and added some Tuscany seasoning. It was quite tasty but did not need all the pasta - personal taste.
Top Review by Ma Field
Really good and quite different from anything I've done before. I ended up adding a LOT of salt and pepper to the finished product, so next time I'll really up the spices. I omitted the carrot and pepper, added extra onion and chopped broccoli instead, and didn't have parsley so I tossed in about 1/2 tablespoon herbs de province while the onion was cooking. I used the full amount of pasta and probably a little more parmesan cheese. I also put three leftover slices of meunster on top while broiling it. Very filling, inexpensive dish that makes a pretty presentation. I'll be playing around with this recipe while the sale-price eggs last!
- 2 cups dried small macaroni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 small green capsicum, finely diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in large saucepan of boiling water til soft. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan, add onion and carrot. Cook 3-4 minutes or until soft, add capsicum and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chicken, parmesan, parsley and pasta to onion mixture. Whisk eggs and pour over pasta mixture, stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat and pour in pasta mixture. Reduce heat and cook 8-10 minutes or until set around the edges (centre should be slightly soft).
- Preheat grill then place frying pan under grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.