1 hr 25 mins
Southern Living; family favorite
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (7 ounce) package vermicelli, uncooked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can English peas, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1Bring water and bouillon granules to a boil in a Dutch oven; stir in pasta.
- 2Return to a boil; cook 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 3Saute onion in hot oil in Dutch oven until tender.
- 4Stir in pasta, chicken, and next 4 ingredients.
- 5Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- 6Stir together breadcrumbs andbutter; sprinkle over casserole.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 375.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: