Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Southern Living; family favorite
Make and share this Chicken and Pasta Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (7 ounce) package vermicelli, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can English peas, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Bring water and bouillon granules to a boil in a Dutch oven; stir in pasta.
- Return to a boil; cook 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Saute onion in hot oil in Dutch oven until tender.
- Stir in pasta, chicken, and next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Stir together breadcrumbs andbutter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
This was a family-pleasing casserole that I will definitely make again. Kind of like a cheesy chicken spaghetti. I bet it would freeze well. Thanks.