Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Chicken and Pasta Bake With Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
- 3 cups chopped chopped ready-to-eat cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
Hot Asiago Cheese Sauce (use 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Steam the broccoli, covered, 4 minutes. Drain. Combine broccoli and next 7 ingredients (broccoli through garlic). Spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Hot Asiago Cheese Sauce:.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a medium, heavy saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Place over medium heat; cook until thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
Quick, easy and tasty! What more can I say? Oh, and I love the low calorie count! Thanks!