Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Weight Watchers magazine. Each serving is 1 cup. This recipe is a 6 point value without the shaved cheese.
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat fusilli
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1/4 pound)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- shaved pecorino romano cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the fusilli according to package directions, omitting the salt if desired.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Spray a ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through, 5-6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
- Combine the half and half, milk, flour, nutmeg, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl; beat with a whisk until blended.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, just until golden, about 1 minute. Whisk in the half and half mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the fusilli, chicken, grated cheese, and parsley; cook, stirring gently, until heated through, about 1 minute longer. Serve at once with the shaved cheese (if using).
- Original Version:.
- 1 pound bow tie pasta.
- 1 c heavy cream.
- 1 c margarine.
- 1 c grated parmesan.
I had this for dinner last night cooked by a friend and it was delicious. I would never have known it was a weight watchers recipe, very creamy and actually much nicer than regular alfredo sauce which I find a bit too heavy. This was lovely and light but soo tasty.