I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Weight Watchers magazine. Each serving is 1 cup. This recipe is a 6 point value without the shaved cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb whole wheat fusilli
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1/4 pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- shaved pecorino romano cheese, for garnish (optional)
- 1Cook the fusilli according to package directions, omitting the salt if desired.
- 2Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Spray a ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through, 5-6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
- 3Combine the half and half, milk, flour, nutmeg, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl; beat with a whisk until blended.
- 4Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, just until golden, about 1 minute. Whisk in the half and half mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the fusilli, chicken, grated cheese, and parsley; cook, stirring gently, until heated through, about 1 minute longer. Serve at once with the shaved cheese (if using).
- 5Original Version:.
- 61 pound bow tie pasta.
- 71 c heavy cream.
- 81 c margarine.
- 91 c grated parmesan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pasta Alfredo - Weight Watchers
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 465.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese