Recipe by Chemaine
Bottled garlic, ginger, and pesto are a hurried cook's friends. You'll find them in your supermarket's produce section.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, large & sliced
- 3 tomatoes, medium & chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 8 ounces spaghetti, dried
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp of the pepper, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and the garlic. Sprinkle evenly over chicken. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and onions; cook about 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and onions are tender, turning chicken once and stirring onions occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skillet; slice crosswise into strips. Return chicken to skillet; add tomatoes, tomato paste, ginger, the remaining pepper and salt. Cook and stir just until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to the hot pan; stir in pesto.
- Serve check and tomato mixture on top of pesto-coated spaghetti. If desired top with shards of Parmesan cheese.