Top Review by MaMere
This is a WINNING recipe!! I made this substituting mascarpone for the cream cheese and used cut fresh chives. I also spooned the sauce over the chicken a few times during cooking. I had whole wheat penne rigate as my noodle dish, and boiled that with the leftover chicken broth. I paired this with garden fresh asparagus sauteed with bacon and lightly coated with balsamic vinegar. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe Gloria!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 can 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese with chives
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large sauce pan over low heat.
- Add package of dressing mix.
- Mix in broth and undiluted can of soup.
- Blend in the cream cheese until smooth.
- Reduce heat.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, place chicken.
- Pour hot sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in a hot 350 degree oven for 1 hour 0.15 minutes before end of baking time, cook pasta according to package directions and drain well.
- Serve chicken dish by pouring sauce over hot pasta.