Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Melt margarine in a large sauce pan over low heat.
- Add package of dressing mix.
- Mix in broth and undiluted can of soup.
- Blend in the cream cheese until smooth.
- Reduce heat.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, place chicken.
- Pour hot sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in a hot 350 degree oven for 1 hour 0.15 minutes before end of baking time, cook pasta according to package directions and drain well.
- Serve chicken dish by pouring sauce over hot pasta.
This is a WINNING recipe!! I made this substituting mascarpone for the cream cheese and used cut fresh chives. I also spooned the sauce over the chicken a few times during cooking. I had whole wheat penne rigate as my noodle dish, and boiled that with the leftover chicken broth. I paired this with garden fresh asparagus sauteed with bacon and lightly coated with balsamic vinegar. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe Gloria!
We loved this AND it's not labor intensive which is great for weeknight meal. I only used 2 chicken breasts but made the same sauce amount. I reserved 1/2 of the sauce and I mixed in my bow tie pasta before serving. Delicious! I didn't have FF mushroom soup but I think it would work well here. I find it changes the flavor sometimes but in this case it's so flavorful I might not even notice. I did use LF cream cheese. We are having the leftover pasta as a side tonight. Loved this!
This was a delicious and very easy meal to make. It should have a fancier name "Supreme" or "Deluxe" as good as it tasted. I mixed all the sauce ingredients at room temp and poured it over the chicken pieces and put it in my pre-heated oven. Turned out fine. Since it's lacking in color, I sprinkled the top of my chicken with a little paprika for color. If I had fresh parsley, I would have used that too. This will be a repeat recipe for our family for sure. Pam