Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonderful tasting healthy stir fry that is out of this world good and good for you!
Make and share this Chicken and Papaya Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 poblano chiles or 1 red anaheim chili, seeded and thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 ripe papayas, peeled seeded and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch strips (1/2-pound each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce with the wine and cornstarch. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over moderately high heat. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the poblano and crushed red pepper and continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through and the poblano softens, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the orange juice to the wok and boil until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the wok, add the papaya and stir-fry until hot, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter. Garnish with the scallion and serve.
This was truly yummy and I especially enjoyed the peppery orange sauce. Made mine in a non-stick wok and was able to cut the oil quite a bit. Also used arrowroot instead of cornstarch. As mentioned, the sauce was so good, I ended up dipping my side of steamed string beans in it. Next time i will save a pot by just stir-frying them in with the chicken and onions. Thank NC!