1 hr 25 mins
tomoko matsunaga's Note:
From cook book "The Food of the World"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 200 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed
- 200 g jasmine rice
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 asian shallots, chopped
- 3 small red chilies
- 1 teaspoon small dried shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 150 g papayas, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 30 g mint leaves, roughly chopped (1 1/2cups)
- 20 g coriander leaves, roughly chopped (2/3cups)
- 1Bring the coconut cream to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 2Add the chicken breast and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Turn off the heat and cover the pan for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove the chicken from the pan and shred it.
- 5Wash the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- 6Put the rice and coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 7Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from the heat and leave the lid on until ready to serve.
- 9Using a pestle and mortar or blender, pound or blend the garlic, shallots and chillies together.
- 10Add the shrimp and fish sauce and pound to break up the dried shrimp.
- 11Add the tomatoes and pound all the ingredients together to form a rough paste.
- 12In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken and chili paste mixture with the grated papaya, lime juice, mint and coriander leaves. serve with the hot coconut rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Papaya Salad
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.2
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 763.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 45.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken breast fillet