Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From cook book "The Food of the World"
Make and share this Chicken and Papaya Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 200 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed
- 200 g jasmine rice
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 asian shallots, chopped
- 3 small red chilies
- 1 teaspoon small dried shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 150 g papayas, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 30 g mint leaves, roughly chopped (1 1/2cups)
- 20 g coriander leaves, roughly chopped (2/3cups)
- Bring the coconut cream to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the chicken breast and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred it.
- Wash the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Put the rice and coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave the lid on until ready to serve.
- Using a pestle and mortar or blender, pound or blend the garlic, shallots and chillies together.
- Add the shrimp and fish sauce and pound to break up the dried shrimp.
- Add the tomatoes and pound all the ingredients together to form a rough paste.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken and chili paste mixture with the grated papaya, lime juice, mint and coriander leaves. serve with the hot coconut rice.