Recipe by mollypaul
A savory pie from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups oysters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups medium white sauce
- 1 pie crust (either store bought or your own recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine chicken and oysters and place in a buttered casserole; add butter, salt and pepper.
- Pour white sauce over meat.
- Cover dish with piecrust, making several slits in crust to allow for escape of steam.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.