Recipe by mollypaul
A New England delight from that chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs whole chickens, split
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups oysters, shucked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
- Dredge chicken with flour, salt and pepper; place in prepared baking dish.
- Pour boiling water over top, cover and bake until tender, about an hour.
- Remove from oven, add cream, butter and oysters.
- Cover, return to oven and cook for an additional ten minutes or until edges of the oysters curl.
- Serve at once with hot biscuits.