Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A delicious and filling soup! Great for those cold winter and fall nights. And the Orzo can be substituted with rice or noodles to change it up.
- 1 (2 lb) whole chickens
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- salt and pepper
- In a large stockpot, boil the chicken in 2 cans of stock (I find using 2 small Cornish game hens to work perfectly) after the chicken is done (about 1 hour) take it out and chop it up, removing all bones and skin.
- Return the chicken to the pot with chopped carrots and celery.
- At this point, add the last can of chicken broth.
- Bring it to a boil and add the orzo and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the orzo is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.