3 hrs 30 mins
In 'The Italian Slow Cooker' by Michele Scicolone
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/4 cup parsley
- 1In a slow cooker, combine the broth, onion, carrots, and celery.
- 2Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours.
- 3Add in the chicken, zucchini, orzo, and peas.
- 4Cook for 30 minutes or until the orzo is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Stir in the cheese and basil; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 1297.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 35.7 g