Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
In 'The Italian Slow Cooker' by Michele Scicolone
Make and share this Chicken and Orzo Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups chicken broth (homemade or canned)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- In a slow cooker, combine the broth, onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours.
- Add in the chicken, zucchini, orzo, and peas.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the orzo is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese and basil; serve hot.