Recipe by zeldaz51
From The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan. Canned tuna can be substituted for the chicken.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (reserve the oil)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- dried dill
- 2 tablespoons reserved tomato oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- Place the orzo and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Pour the dressing over the salad an toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Can be served on a bed of fresh salad greens if desired.