Recipe by JillAZ
This is a delicious summer salad that was in our local paper food section this week. They give credit to Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast: Salad. Regardless, it is delicious! I used homemade pesto and only added half the baby spinach as it was plenty. I would probably cut the spinach into ribbons next time as it was a little awkward eating the whole leaves.
Top Review by carole in orlando
This is a WOW recipe! It can be fixed so many ways. True to the Zaar tradition I "messed with it" a little. I used Mirj's sun dried tomatoes instead of fresh, chopped the spinach in the food processor used homemade spinach and basil pesto and sliced some kalamata olives to mix in also. I made it in the morning and chilled it until supper time and served it with some french bread and fresh fruit - it was delicious! This is a "doer again" as my husband says. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 2⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb orzo pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl in which you will serve the salad, whisk together the pesto, vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil Add 2 T. salt and the orzo. Cook, stirring occasionally until done. About 9 minutes. follow package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Add to bowl with vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and spinach leaves.
- Toss to combine and serve.
- Note: This says 4 servings but they are very generous servings.