Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious summer salad that was in our local paper food section this week. They give credit to Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast: Salad. Regardless, it is delicious! I used homemade pesto and only added half the baby spinach as it was plenty. I would probably cut the spinach into ribbons next time as it was a little awkward eating the whole leaves.
- In the bowl in which you will serve the salad, whisk together the pesto, vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil Add 2 T. salt and the orzo. Cook, stirring occasionally until done. About 9 minutes. follow package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Add to bowl with vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and spinach leaves.
- Toss to combine and serve.
- Note: This says 4 servings but they are very generous servings.