Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
From Betty Crocker's Southwest Cooking; posted for Zaar World Tour 5. Cook time is refrigeration.
Top Review by BecR
Just the ticket for this hot and humid day! DH and I love chicken salad, citrus and avocado so we really enjoyed this salad which brought these flavors together so nicely! The cinnamon accent is lovely, although I reduced the amount slightly and we liked it that way. Prepping the salad a day in advance made assembling the salad today a real breeze! Made for 5 a Day in photos forum. Thanks Tinkerbell!
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (with tops)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken, cooked & cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup green peas, cooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely snipped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 oranges, pared and sectioned (or unpared & cut into wedges)
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle green onions with lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover & refrigerate.
- Mix remaining ingredients except lettuce, oranges & avocados; cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce. Garnish with oranges & avocados; sprinkle with green onions.