Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A refreshing and flavoursome summer salad, adapted from ‘Quick Meals’. Vary the yoghurt according to taste preferences. If you want to add more colour variation, use a red capsicum instead of the yellow capsicum, or use ½ a red capsicum and ½ a yellow capsicum.
- 2 oranges
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cooked and shredded
- 2 celery ribs, cut into fine strips
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into fine strips
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g mixed green salad leaves
- 150 ml natural yoghurt or 150 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the oranges over a small bowl so as to catch – and reserve - the juice; cut the flesh into segments and place in a separate bowl.
- Stir in the cooked, shredded chicken, celery, spring onions and capsicum, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Making the dressing: In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together, including any reserved orange juice, until well-combined.
- Arrange the salad leaves and chicken mixture between four plates and pour the dressing over the salad leaves and chicken mixture; and divide the pecan nuts between the four plates.