1/3 Photos of Chicken And/Or Tofu Stir-Fry
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
I received this recipe from a friend, but haven't had the chance to make it yet. The best stir-fries are made with the freshest vegetables, which makes this a great choice as a "market-day" meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut in thin strips
- 14 ounces firm tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup sugar snap pea, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together first nine ingredients and set aside.
- 2In large skillet over medium-high heat saute chicken in a small amount of olive oil until meat is cooked through or tofu is lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 3Add snow peas or sugar snap peas to skillet. Add soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, approximately 3 minutes.
- 4Mix in cooked spaghetti and green onions. Top with chicken/tofu and serve immediately.
- 5Variation: Add other vegetables according to the length of time needed to cook until crisp-tender. Add first: thinly sliced carrots. Next: sliced, peeled broccoli stems, onions, bell pepper strips, asparagus, chopped Swiss chard stems, cabbage. Next: broccoli florets, along with soy sauce mixture. Next: sliced mushrooms and summer squash. Last: fresh greens like spinach. You can use any combination of the vegetables listed above.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken And/Or Tofu Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.0
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 984.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g