Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this recipe from a friend, but haven't had the chance to make it yet. The best stir-fries are made with the freshest vegetables, which makes this a great choice as a "market-day" meal.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut in thin strips
- 14 ounces firm tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup sugar snap pea, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together first nine ingredients and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat saute chicken in a small amount of olive oil until meat is cooked through or tofu is lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add snow peas or sugar snap peas to skillet. Add soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, approximately 3 minutes.
- Mix in cooked spaghetti and green onions. Top with chicken/tofu and serve immediately.
- Variation: Add other vegetables according to the length of time needed to cook until crisp-tender. Add first: thinly sliced carrots. Next: sliced, peeled broccoli stems, onions, bell pepper strips, asparagus, chopped Swiss chard stems, cabbage. Next: broccoli florets, along with soy sauce mixture. Next: sliced mushrooms and summer squash. Last: fresh greens like spinach. You can use any combination of the vegetables listed above.
This was good. The noodles made it different than the normal stir-fry over rice. I also liked the tofu with the noodles. I used the 1/2 tsp red peppers, and it was a little too spicy for my family; will start with 1/4 tsp next time. Also used 1/4 tsp ginger powder for the ginger.
This was a great stir fry.. The sauce is super yummy and all the flavours go really well together, I only made it with chicken as I wasn't sure if the DH and DS would like it. I also used Asian egg noodles rather than the spaghetti listed and also took your note at the bottom and added extra veg to the stir fry. I added mushrooms, broccolini, baby corn, asparagus and some green onion along with the snow peas. We love stir fry's and this one definitely didn't disappoint it is a definite keeper and I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing a real winner Crafty Lady 13
Great stir fry. The sauce is fantastic and has so much flavor! I added the tofu AND the chicken. Thanks crafty!