Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Chicken with garlic, onions and pimento stuffed olives in a beer and tomato sauce.
- 3 lbs fryer, cut up into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- fluffy rice
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry; lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients except the chicken and the rice in the crock pot; stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the crock pot, coating well; be sure all pieces are moistened.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 9 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot fluffy rice.
I put in three bay leaves and three cloves of garlic (love both!) and added some liquid from the olive jar. I'd recommend adding no more than 1/4 cup. There was a lot of thin liquid in the crock pot when it was done so I added half a box of couscous and it did the trick. I will make this recipe again.
Incredible. Beautiful. Easy! A couple of details really made this special-- I used Trader Joe's Colossal Jalapeno Stuffed Green olives, Fat Tire beer, and boneless skinless chicken breasts. 6.5 hours on low (chicken breasts not fully thawed) made for a very tender juicy yummy meal! I did add a little extra olive juice and served this over orzo. YUM!
This was a very nice recipe. Wonderful flavors. I too added LOTS more olives - and next time I think I'll use boneless skinless thighs or breasts, so that I don't have to be picking out bones when it's finished. :) Great stuff - kids enjoyed it too. Thanks for sharing!