Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light magazine. Great weekday meal.
Make and share this Chicken and Noodles With Peanut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces japanese curly soba noodles (chucka soba)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 1 tablespoon ginger, bottled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped and divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (through red pepper) in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken; saute 4 minute Add bell pepper; saute 3 minute Remove from heat. Combine chicken and noodles in large bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 15 seconds. Stir in broth mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Pour broth mixture over noodles, add 1/4 cup green onions and toss well.
- Sprinkle wtih 1/4 cup green onions and serve.
I love love peanut sacue and was thrilled to a low fat version. This was really good, my husband loved it as well. I didn't use the peppers but added snow peas and it was awesome. Very quick and easy. Thanks for sharing.
This is a great recipe, my hubby loved it. I did make a few tiny changes, I added some frozen aspargus stir fry mix, I had some cooked chicken breasts, so cut those up and warmed with the stir fry. I also added some shelled edamame, didn't have any green onions. I also added some "rooster sauce" Sriracha into the sauce mixture. I may have added a little too much, but it was very good. Turns out, I am not a huge fan of soba, so next time I may use some regular pasta. All in all the basics of this recipes and the GREAT sauce made for a terrific dinner!
GREAT. So quick, exactly what I was looking for. I didn't make the chicken. Just cooked up the sauce and put it over my rotini pasta. TERRIFIC! Thanks for posting.