1 hr 15 mins
Christine Bettiga's Note:
This is truly a comfort dish. The dumplings really make the dish special. Your hungry crowd with love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 quarts water
- 1 whole roasting chicken (small)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 1/2-4 cups chicken broth
- dumplings (see my dumpling Dumplings)
- 1Bring to a boil in a large kettle 6 qts water, add salt and spices.
- 2When the water is boiling add chicken, celery, onion, garlic and vinegar and Worcestershire.
- 3Cover and cook at least 1 hour.
- 4Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
- 5Remove broth from heat.
- 6Cooke noodles in a pot of boiling, lightly salted water. Cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- 7When the chicken is cool, clean off skin and bones and shred meat.
- 8Salt and pepper meat and set it aside.
- 9When broth is cool, skim off fat and discard.
- 10In a dutch oven or deep skillet, heat butter.
- 11Add flour and stir, adding small amounts of chicken broth to thicken.
- 12Add soup and 1 cup of chicken broth. Make your dumplings now.
- 13Add noodles, chicken and vegies.
- 14Cover and lower heat to simmer approximately 20-25 minutes.
- 15Add dumplings to the top of the dish and cover.
- 16Simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- 17If you don't have enough broth to cook dumplings add more broth.
- 18Put the remaining broth into freezer containers and freeze for use later.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Noodles With Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (1358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 2260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar