Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is a recipe that I just kind of threw together. I have a habit of doing that when nothing else sounds very good
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart crockpot combine the chicken pieces and onion. In a medium bowl, stir together the soup and water. Pour over chicken and onion.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 - 7 hours or high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Just before serving, stir sour cream into mixture in cooker. To serve, spoon stroganoff mixture over hot cooked noodles. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper.
- I tweak mine a little more than this - I add garlic and some cumin as well as a can of green chilies.