Recipe by MommyMakes
This is easy kid-friendly comfort food thats great for using up leftover turkey or chicken. Serve it with some bread and veggies. I make it fairly bland for my kids, so taste and salt and pepper whenever needed.
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups turkey, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a shallow 1 1/2-2qt casserole with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles al dente. They will be better slightly firm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the flour, stirring for 1-2 minutes until smooth and bubbily.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken broth gradually. Place back n heat and cook, stirring, until it thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in milk and cook until very hot and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Put drained noodles in a bowl with chicken or turkey and pour sauce over, toss thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Spoon mixture into the greased casserole. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake coverd for 15 minutes, then uncovered for about 15 minutes or until edges and brown and top is crisp.