Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A very simple recipe that's comforting when the weather is cold and that even the young kids in my family will eat. I found the recipe on the internet but I believe it originally came from Taste of Home. It makes a lot, I'm guessing on the number of servings!
- 1360.77-1814.36 g chicken pieces (I use 4 chicken breasts with bones, skinned)
- 946.36 ml chicken broth or 946.36 ml water
- 59.14-118.29 ml butter (I use 1/2 stick)
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell's Healthy Request, no MSG)
- 283.49 g packageextra wide egg noodles (I use the big bag)
- Put all ingredients, except noodles, in crock pot.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours.
- (I cook just until the chicken is done, about 5 hours on low).
- Remove chicken from broth.
- I like to run a slotted spoon through the broth to make sure no little bones have escaped.
- Add salt to taste.
- Turn cooker to high and add noodles when broth is hot and bubbly.
- Cook 30-45 minutes, or until noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, remove meat from bones.
- Add bite-size pieces to broth and noodles.
I intended on preparing this recipe, but forgot it was for the crock pot, so I made it on the stove when I got home from work. I used all the ingredients listed except for the salt, plus 2 additional cups of chicken broth since I figured it would boil down a bit on the stove. I used a 10 oz package of frozen Reames wide noodles, and broke 4 left over lasagne noodles in the mixture as well. I cooked it on the stove for about 40 minutes. Very nice comfort food dish; a bit salty. Next time I will use sodium free chicken brother in addtion,
This was a really good, comforting soup! I added a bay leaf, parsley, garlic powder, and black pepper to the broth to give it some extra flavor. I also added frozen mixed vegetables when I added the noodles. I really liked the addition of cream of chicken soup, it made the broth sligtly creamy and very delicious. My only complaint is that the noodles were a bit soggy, so next time I won't leave them in for the whole 30 minutes. Thanks for a great recipe.
Very good! I made the recipe with one substitution. I didn't have the cream of chicken soup so I substituted a jar of Ragu roasted garlic alfredo sauce and lowered broth to 2 cups. It turned out really well. Thanks!