A very simple recipe that's comforting when the weather is cold and that even the young kids in my family will eat. I found the recipe on the internet but I believe it originally came from Taste of Home. It makes a lot, I'm guessing on the number of servings!
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces (I use 4 chicken breasts with bones, skinned)
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter (I use 1/2 stick)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell's Healthy Request, no MSG)
- 1 (10 ounce) packageextra wide egg noodles (I use the big bag)
- Put all ingredients, except noodles, in crock pot.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours.
- (I cook just until the chicken is done, about 5 hours on low).
- Remove chicken from broth.
- I like to run a slotted spoon through the broth to make sure no little bones have escaped.
- Add salt to taste.
- Turn cooker to high and add noodles when broth is hot and bubbly.
- Cook 30-45 minutes, or until noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, remove meat from bones.
- Add bite-size pieces to broth and noodles.