Recipe by carrie sheridan
my grandmother used to make this - it keeps well and freezes well... and it doesn't taste mushroom-y at all, just comforting... good for potluck, buffets, kids -
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 onions, peeled, quartered and stuck with cloves
- 8 ounces mullers egg noodles
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) canb&b sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts and quartered onions studded with 1 whole clove each in boiling water until cooked. Remove chicken and let cool a little bit.
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions and drain.
- Shred chicken. Combine noodles, 2 cans of soup, can of mushrooms with liquid. Add chicken and mix well.
- Put in 2 quart glass casserole dish. Cover with crushed corn flakes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable bouillon, if needed, to moisten.
- Let sit 15 minutes.
- You can boil a whole chicken --
- You can also substitute with canned tuna and use MORGA or Better Than Bouillon bouillon base.